Sunday 18 April 2010

hey good lookin', whatcha got cookin'?

since going to uni and having to fend for myself, i think i've done pretty well (aside from a few calls to my mum and a 'burnt brocolli incident' that i prefer not to talk about). my flatmate and i used to go to the market and choose exotic fruit and veg to take back to halls and learn how to cook up in all different ways. now i live in a house with my 3 best friends - they happen to be guys and they happen to be really really passionate about food (think A LOT of money spent on cheese and cured meats on a trip to france, and countless sushi takeaways...but also the ability to eat box after box of chicken dippers and survive on doritos for a few days).
living away from my mum has taught me how delicious some of the things are that i used to refuse when she cooked (aubergine is now literally my favourite thing). and i love taking recipes and making them my own.

so, it's pretty safe to say i can't wait to have my own kitchen!!

but for now, here's a couple of my favourites:

{image}

{image}

i'm quite surprised they're both white as i absolutely love colour. the first is from sophie dahl's show, the delicious miss dahl. you have to watch this show! although i'm not sure it'll be available to those of you acros the pond. but the above kitchen is redecorated with beautiful wallpaper, flowers everywhere, colourful pots and pans (le creuset, of course).

{unflattering screenshot from the bbc iplayer}

unfortunately, the largest it will go. but click for all the details!

♥ xo

1 comment:

  1. I love the first one, it's nice and open with lots of space. The kitchen I have now a bee couldn't move around in and it sucks! xoxo

    ReplyDelete